Not sure how to change an old sofa or armchair? Or are you looking for a simple way to refresh the look of your couch? If so, the fabrics offered by fabric world online store will help you with a quick makeover. Below are some practical tips to help you easily purchase the right material. Welcome!
What to look for when choosing a upholstery fabric?
The most important are the technical parameters and performance characteristics. The material to wrap the furniture must first be resistant to abrasion and fading. This is especially important for sofas and armchairs exposed to intense solar radiation.
Secondly, the upholstery fabric should not be meked over time. This is most often seen in products with a large admixture of synthetic fibres e.g. polyesters.
Thirdly, the material must be easy to clean. It is worth remembering that the upholstery fabric can not be simply removed and put in the washing machine. Therefore, it is very important to choose a product that will not cause much trouble in care. From a practical point of view, materials that do not absorb impurities and liquids are best.
When it comes to coloring, you can follow current trends or match the color to the character of your own interior.
What upholstery fabrics can you find in our warehouse?
Upholstery materials are produced using both natural and artificial fibres. The former are much more pleasant to the touch, but unfortunately less durable. Therefore, mixed products are the most popular, which combine all the most important characteristics. The appearance and durability of the product is determined by the weave, that is, the type of weaving. Below we present some of the upholstery fabrics you will find in our Fabric World online store:
- jacquard – is a material made of colored threads with the help of a special jacquard machine; is very pleasant to the touch, durable and resistant to temperature fluctuations,
- braid – is practically indestructible, so it works very well as a cover for upholstered furniture; traditional braids are distinguished by strong fiber, dense weave and excellent strength,
- velvet – the structure resembles silk or velvet, which is why it is ideal for renovating armchairs, poffs and sofas decorated in the Louisian style; in our wholesale you will find velvet upholstery fabrics with an exclusive finish and noble gloss,
- szenil – is a material produced using zenith thread; is very soft to the touch, uncomplicated in care and resistant to damage,
- eco leather – perfectly replaces natural skin, characterized by high strength and ease of cleaning; in the online store we offer leather-like fabrics that meet all stringent Polish and European requirements.
What should a good upholstery material stand out for?
Good quality upholstery fabrics are aesthetic, durable and stain resistant. Reaching for a high-end product, you can be sure that it will retain its original appearance for a long time. However, skillful maintenance and care are also important. No matter what material you order, be sure to take care of it properly. Do not use aggressive chemicals or laundry vacuum cleaners for cleaning. In most cases, a cloth and water with a small amount of soap are enough.
Furniture with material upholstery has enjoyed unflagging popularity for years. When choosing a upholstery fabric, pay attention first of all to its durability and strength. Before purchasing, also try to get to know the properties of the product well – this will avoid disappointment. To change the old piece of furniture at a small cost, we invite you to familiarize yourself with the offer of online wholesaler Fabric World. In the assortment we have both glossy and matte fabrics, which will perfectly decorate the chair, couch or sofa.